Dean H. Wang
- Representative Successes
Dean H. Wang represents companies and individuals in corporate and regulatory matters. He adds value to his clients by protecting their interests, guiding them through complex laws that govern their operations, and helping them develop innovative, business savvy solutions. Dean Wang takes the time to understand your industry, your business, and your way of doing things so that he can give you valuable guidance and help you achieve your goals.
Mr. Wang counsels publicly traded corporations, physician organizations, hospitals, healthcare facilities, public utility companies, telecommunication companies, hedge funds, biotechnology companies, pharmaceutical companies, technology start-ups, and closely held companies. He has advised individuals and companies on acquisitions, mergers, financing, reorganizations, entity formation, governance, regulatory compliance, private placements, joint ventures, real estate, intellectual property licensing, energy, health care fraud and abuse, and HIPAA/HITECH compliance.
Prior to co-founding Luminate Law, Mr. Wang worked at some of the world’s largest law firms on the east coast. He is experienced in handling transactional and regulatory matters, and he has counseled executives and directors of companies on a variety of legal and strategic issues.
Mr. Wang received his Bachelor of Science from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He earned his Juris Doctor and Masters in Business Administration from Washington University in St. Louis.
Mr. Wang is admitted to practice law in the states of Hawaii, New York, and New Jersey.
- Represented a publicly-traded, energy corporation with over 200 million dollars market cap in an investment by a private equity fund to expand operations.
- Represented anesthesiologists in the formation of a new practice, which included drafting and negotiating a limited liability operating agreement, independent contractor agreement, and a services agreement with a hospital.
- Represented a multi-national company in negotiating the lease for a billboard in Times Square.
- Advised a healthcare technology company on technology transfer and corporate governance.
- Represented a land developer in the negotiations of power purchase agreement with an independent power producer.
- Formed and organized a home hardware company, whose products are sold across the U.S. and Asia.
- Represented a seller in the sale of a pediatric eye center to a captive medical practice.
- Represented a global learning solutions company in a $10 million asset sale to a competitor.
- Represented a national developer in the acquisition of a water and wastewater utility.
- Health Care Goes Retail, Commercial Leasing Law & Strategy, Vol. 25, No. 8 (February 2012)
- Real Estate Strategies for Health Care Providers, Law 360 (January 3, 2012)
- New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services Releases Proposed Rules Governing Surgical Practices, Health Care Alert (October 21, 2011)
- New Jersey Statute Requires Certain Insurance Plans to Make Prompt Payment Directly to Out-Of-Network Providers When Patients Assign Benefits, Health Care Alert (March 14, 2011)
- The Next Phase of the ACO Frontier, Global Government Solutions 2011 Mid-Year Outlook (July 2011)
- Physician Payment Sunshine Provisions: Making Payments to Physicians Publicly Available, Staying Well Within the Law (Spring Issue 2010)
- Because the "Best Stuff on Earth" Sometimes Make the Best Lawsuits on Earth, Life Science Practice Alert (September 2009)
- Proposed Changes at FDA and Proposed Legislation Threaten Both Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Companies, Life Science Practice Alert (March 2009)
"Legal Wants and Needs of Entrepreneurs" - Event/Audience: Hawaii Freelancers Network. 02.21.19